SaaS based FinTech with $1.5 trillion AUM: Hands-on Product Owner and leader of 16-member Cloud Engineering, ProdOps, AWS Security engineers & DevOps teams, responsible for designing, building, and operating scalable secure and efficient cloud infrastructure while implementing best practices for security, disaster recovery and compliance. Also responsible for developing cloud adoption/migration strategy, infrastructure as code (IaC) and automated deployment of services/applications to Cloud. Successful implementation a cloud operation framework, with a focus on automation, scalability and performance reducing deployments from 3 days to 2 hours. Managed budget of $1 million.
- Led AWS cost optimization initiative with savings plans, reserved instance management, etc.
- Refined IaC development/deployment lifecycle for smaller iterative releases of code.
- Established KPI’s and operational benchmarks using the DevOps Research & Assessment (DORA) framework.
- Collaborate and work with various cross-functional teams and stakeholders to influence strategy, drive org designs, contributions, and prioritization.
- Led AWS Security Engineers in collaboration with CS to increase AWS Security Hub score across organization from 12%-> 78% (and growing), utilizing NIST and CIS frameworks, implementing through IaC.
- Designed, built, and deployed acustom remote access tool for teams to use to connect to EC2 instances using a custom interface built on .NET called Remoteler.